Linksys Extender Setup
You can setup a WiFi extender by using the configuration CD or manual steps. A configuration CD might comes with every model of WiFi range extender on the purchase. It includes detailed steps helping you install and configure the range extender for home or office. However, if you don’t have any CD then opt for the manual configuration. Here’s how to setup a Linksys range extender through manual configuration:
- Turn on the range extender carefully.
- Check the wall socket that it doesn’t have any damage.
- Wait for LED light to become visible.
- Power on the computer or laptop.
- Pull up a web browser of your choice and visit extender.linksys.
- Once done, press enter key.
- The setup page will appear on the computer screen.
- Enter the default WiFi range extender login credentials.
- Click on login button.
- A new screen will pop up.
- Select the manual option.
- Enter security settings for the WiFi extender.
After making all configurations carefully, click on OK button. Thus, a wireless range extender can be set up. Now, you can access internet everywhere you want at home or office.
Support for extender.linksys.com, contact us via chat.
Tips for Successful Linksys extender setup
In case you want to get rid of dead zones or poor connectivity areas from your house or workplace, the only solution is to switch to one of the best WiFi range extender. There is no second thought to the fact that the same brand router provides you with great WiFi connectivity; however, it is not powerful enough to spread a speedy internet connection to every nook and cranny of your home or office. Therefore, perform Linksys extender setup process right away to permanently resolve this issue.
In order to make successful Linksys extender setup, here are some essential tips you should consider:
- Be certain to access an active internet connection throughout the setup process.
- Make use of damage-free and cuts-less Ethernet cable.
- Beware of using open WiFi or neighboring networks for setup.
- The web browser you are using must be updated to the latest version.
- Connect the antennas of extender in an appropriate manner.
- Utilize the up-to-date or latest version of extender firmware.
Amazing Features of WiFi Range Extenders
As discussed above, wireless range extenders are well known for amplifying the range of wireless signals incoming from existing home or office router. In case you have a big house or huge workplace then the main router may not be able to fill the entire area with WiFi. As a result, internet cannot be accessed to everywhere you want. Such areas where you get no WiFi connectivity are known as dead zones or blind spots.
The ultimate solution to get rid of this issue is to install a WiFi range extender. The latest range extender models come with external antennas for wider range. The beamforming technology, that transfer signal transfers only to a particular smartphone, tablet, laptop or computer for fast internet connection.
Furthermore, if you own a dual-band extender, the device browsing the internet or sending emails will get signals from 2.4GHz while the device playing online games or streaming videos will get signals from 5GHz. Also, the setup process is very easy. For the setup, there is need to access http://extender.linksys.com. All you have to do is simply launch an internet browser on a computer and navigate to the default login page. Type the username and password to log in. Once done, you can easily set up the extender. However, the extender must be connected to router to make the setup process a success.
How to Access WiFi Extender Setup Page
To log into the WiFi range extender, there are two ways. You can either use web address or IP address. Simply open a browser on your computer to get to the setup page. But make sure that the computer is connected to extender either wirelessly or using a cable.
Fill in the login details i.e. username and password in the empty boxes. Once done, the setup page will open. From here, all basic as well as advanced settings like username, password, SSID, security settings and a lot more can be easily changed as per the needs. But sometimes, the login page doesn’t open due to technical issues. In this case, go to the next section given below which includes various troubleshooting tips to get rid of this issue.
Troubleshooting Tips for Linksys Extender Login Issues
When you enter the extender.linksys in the URL bar, it shows an error message saying you are not connected to the extender network. Thus, you are unable to log into your extender. Follow the below-given troubleshooting tips to resolve this annoying issue:
- Check the web address you have entered. Perhaps you misspelled the words or there are typos.
- Make sure the computer is connected to a fast internet network.
- Confirm that the cable connections are configured properly.
- Exit the browser window and try again.
- Use the latest version of internet browser as the web address doesn’t work with the outdated web browser.
- Delete the history of browser you are using.
- Keep checking the LED lights on extender. They should be visible throughout the WiFi extender setup process.
- Use the default IP address for login.
- Enter the correct Linksys extender login credentials.
Steps to Connect WiFi Range Extender
When you setup a wireless range extender, you need to connect it to the home or office wireless network, router and computer. Only after making these connections with your extender, you can make it up and running properly. Once done with the setup, you will get the amplified wireless range and coverage all over the house or workplace.
WiFi extenders are able to deliver the wireless signals to a location where you get no connectivity due to walls, corners, floors and other furniture issues. The latest extenders even come with external antennas for better performance. They also come embedded with beamforming technology to provide you with superior signal strength. All these features can be easily accessed after connecting the WiFi extender.
Steps to Connect Range Extender to the WiFi Network
First things first, know about the main reason behind this issue. Most of the time, it arises when
- The WiFi network doesn’t work
- Your web administrations are having issues with ISP
- Your username and passphrase are invalid
- You mistyped the web address in URL bar
How to Connect WiFi Extender to Home Router?
In order to connect the extender to an existing access point or router, use WiFi Protected Setup or WPS method. You can either utilize the physical WPS button on your device or access the web-based page.
Using the Linksys WPS button
- Press the Linksys WPS button on your extender. If there is a blinking WPS light, it means the configuration process has been started.
- The solid green LED light signifies the completion of configuration process between the extender and router.
- In case of a non-configured extender, pressing the WPS button will allow it to pair with the current access point or WiFi router.
- But if the extender has already configured, pressing the Linksys WPS button will enable it to pair with WiFi devices such as wireless laptops.
Verify Connectivity using Ping Command
After connecting to WiFi extender setup network, you should go for connectivity test to ensure successful setup. The Ping command is being used to perform this connectivity test.
Follow the instructions listed below to perform a connectivity test:
- Power on the computer correctly.
- On the start menu, head over to the search bar.
- Write the command prompt and press enter key gently.
- Type the ping extender linksys and Hit the Enter key.
If you are getting replies, it means your router has passed the speed test. If not, reset the WiFi range extender and start up the setup process from scratch.
The above-mentioned steps are used for Windows 8 PC. However, the steps can be varied depending on the operating system your computer is running.
Reset Wireless Extender to Default Settings
A wireless range extender is generally used with wireless internet gadgets such as computers, laptops and WiFi routers. The device is intended to amplify the range and coverage of the existing network. In case you notice the extender is not working properly even after setting it up with the router WPS button or web-based method, go for the reset process.
Resetting the extender will restore all its default factory settings thus, making it run as fast as new. You should go for the WiFi extender reset process if you experience any of the below mentioned scenarios:
- Intermittent wireless connection while using the extender.
- Unable to access the login web page.
- Manually setting up the extender after an unsuccessful attempt of utilizing the web-based setup page.
- The LED lights on the extender are not visible even after doing a power-cycle.
Important Note: Prior to resetting the wireless extender, it is recommended to create a backup of the customized settings. If you do so, you would be able to restore them without manually configure the Linksys range extender.
Here are the do-follow steps for the reset process:
- Power on the range extender by plugging it into an electrical outlet.
- Make sure that the proper power is being supplied to the extender.
- Switch on a PC or laptop accurately.
- Open an internet browser onto it.
- Type http://extender.linksys.com and press enter key.
- Click on the reset option.
- Alternatively, you can also press the reset button on your extender.
- Reboot the extender to complete the reset process.
Change the WiFi Settings using Linksys cloud account
The Linksys cloud account facilitates you to make the most of the smart WiFi router. As soon as you set up the wireless router using Smart WiFi Setup, you have to create a valid cloud account that must be activated and linked with the router. The account can be easily accessed through a supported web browser or using the Android and iOS applications.
So, your WiFi extender has set up after following the installation steps mentioned above on this page. Now, there is a need to make the connection secure and unique. This can be done by changing the basic WiFi settings on your router via the default router login page.
And guess what? You can do so using the Linksys cloud account.
It is utterly important to make your home wireless network security to prevent unauthorized access without your knowledge.
But before going to make setting changes, here are a few things you must know:
- You can manually configure Linksys range extender login credentials to secure your home or office network.
- Once you change the WiFi settings, all connected devices will get disconnected from the router. So you have to connect them again using the new settings.
- Access the WiFi extender login web address through only a compatible internet browser.
- The computer or laptop must be connected to a high-speed internet connection. Don’t ever use a neighboring network connection for the setup or configuration process.
- Let’s lay down the steps to change WiFi settings using a cloud account.
- Launch an internet browser of your choice.
- Log in to your cloud account using correct username and password.
- Click on the edit button.
- Type the desired WiFi name or SSID and password in given fields.
- Remember to save the changes before leaving the page.
And there you go! Besides, you can also change the channel width, security mode and network mode by accessing the Linksys cloud account within your local network or remotely. Doing so will also lessen the interference to your WiFi connection.
Get in touch with professional experts to get the best support for extender.linksys.com.
Can’t Connect to Linksys Extender? Here’s the Fix!
Unable to connect to your Linksys WiFi range extender? Well, you are not alone baffling with the issue. It is one of the most common issues users face during the Linksys extender setup process. However, with a few troubleshooting tips, you can easily get rid of the issue. This post will guide you on how to fix ‘can’t connect to Linksys extender’ issue. Let’s get started.
Fixed: Can’t Connect to Linksys Extender
An improper placement of your Linksys extender could be a reason behind the issue. Not only the extender but the placement of other devices that you are using for the setup process may also cause connectivity problems. Make sure to place the extender, router, and PC away from electrical gadgets, metal objects, and reflexive surfaces.Moreover, the Linksys extender should be placed in a neat and clean area. Once you’re done with placement of your range extender as per the said guidelines, try to connect to the Linksys extender.
2. Intermittent Network Connection
Another reason behind the connectivity issues with Linksys extender is intermittent WiFi connection. In order to rectify the issue, unplug your range extender from the electrical outlet, wait for some time, and then plug it back into the wall socket. This process is known as rebooting.
Also, chances are that you might be connecting to a third-party or neighboring network. To ensure that you are connected to the correct WiFi network, click on the Network symbol appearing in the taskbar. After that, choose your Linksys extender’s network and click on the Connect button. If you still can’t connect to Linksys extender, scroll down and try using the next troubleshooting step.
Is your Linksys extender running an outdated firmware version? Gotcha! An obsolete firmware version may lead you to Linksys extender’s connection issues. All you need to do is go to extender.linksys.com web page and check the firmware version of your extender.If it is outdated, download and install the latest firmware version right away. To update the Linksys extender firmware, go to the default login web page and click on the Firmware Update button. In case you are facing any kind of issue while logging into your Linksys extender, then it is recommended to get immediate support for extender.linksys.com from our well-versed technicians.
4. Enable the Wireless MAC Filter
MAC stands for Media Access Control. Wireless MAC filter is a fantastic feature that comes with a router. Using this function, you can control devices that are connected to your WiFi network. You can either Allow or Disallow particular MAC addresses to be connected.
Maybe your Linksys extender’s MAC address is disallowed from the router’s settings due to which you are unable to connect to Linksys extender. Therefore, access your home router’s settings and ensure to allow the MAC address of your Linksys range extender.
So, these were our failsafe ways to resolve ‘can’t connect to Linksys extender’ issue. On the off chance if you are still facing the same issue, get in touch with our experts via live chat or email. They will provide you instant troubleshooting tips to fix the issue.